It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:12 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to RM4x4.org

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is absolutely free and no we do not share your e-mail address without your express consent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Lumpskie's Landcruiser Build
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:33 am 

Highscores: 14
I contemplated this for a long time with my '96 Limited. Never ended up removing the flares. Just couldn't bring myself to do it. While I do think it's tough and rugged looking, I didn't want the contrast of a silver (not tan) rig with black rhino lining on it. I think it looks better with a darker color vehicle. I think filling and blending with paint sure would look nice, but not sure it's worth the price tag. You could do a lot more for the rig with that money. I wouldn't think twice about daily driving the rig with rhino lining on the sides. I think the example one you posted looks really nice actually.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:57 am 

Ive seen a couple trucks with "Rhino-lining" on the lower rockers and actually thought it looked good and was functional body protection for miscellaneous rocks thrown at ya on the highway.
I agree with Jeff, it wouldn't bother me one bit...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:21 am 

Highscores: 1
You literally own a vehicle with wood on the sides. Are you embarassed about it? I'm assuming you're not one bit...

Why should monster lining make you feel any different?

I agree with Jeff, if you had lets say a silver, white, or tan rig, then it would look tacky. The darker color makes it much more "aesthetically acceptable" IMO.

I think the paint wouldn't be worth the extra money, no way, no how.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:58 am 

Thanks for the feedback, you guys. I was on the fence but I think I'll go the bedliner route. I'm thinking that I'll probably keep the liner a little lower on the rocker and door panels and try to use a a product that doesn't have a lot of texture. (that way I can wash the mud out without the black bed liner turning kind of brown) I might try to get something that is a little less flat in color... maybe more of a satin finish. Hopefully, it will turn out looking more classy.

In the mean time, I'm ordering up some steel. I'm going to fab up 3 cross members so that I can make full belly skids that mate up with the sliders. It's good to be planning and wrenching again!

Toytec 16" coilovers with Tundra Bilstein 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Alcan Orbit Eye Leafs with 12" Bilstein 7100 short Bodies, 6" Shackles, ARB rear locker, 33x12.5 Duratracs, CBI sliders, Bushwacker fender flares, self made front bumper, M8000, Vision X 6.7" lights, full skids, Inchworm dual case setup - 15º clocking

Glen wrote:
I bet if I had those khaki's and those shoes I'd have to fight off the lust crazed women.

Rick wrote:
While you all experiment...I'll drink a beer, but I'll watch with absolute intrigue.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:00 am 

This package arrived yesterday! ...but I was too tired to bother opening it. Man, I'm getting old!

Toytec 16" coilovers with Tundra Bilstein 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Alcan Orbit Eye Leafs with 12" Bilstein 7100 short Bodies, 6" Shackles, ARB rear locker, 33x12.5 Duratracs, CBI sliders, Bushwacker fender flares, self made front bumper, M8000, Vision X 6.7" lights, full skids, Inchworm dual case setup - 15º clocking

Glen wrote:
I bet if I had those khaki's and those shoes I'd have to fight off the lust crazed women.

Rick wrote:
While you all experiment...I'll drink a beer, but I'll watch with absolute intrigue.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:03 am 

After looking closer at my sliders I think that length should be pretty good, so you might not have to add any length.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:19 am 

Drew wrote:
After looking closer at my sliders I think that length should be pretty good, so you might not have to add any length.

Good to know! Thanks Drew!

Glen wrote:

Rick wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]