It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:14 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to RM4x4.org

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is absolutely free and no we do not share your e-mail address without your express consent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Camping Saturday June 24th
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:29 am 

Highscores: 14
Dang. None in stock within 50 miles of me. Might go with a different brand.

My brother is going to join us for this trip.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:42 am 

Highscores: 4
If you don't find something that you like more you can pick it up at the Castle Rock Walmart (or any Walmart location) for no additional charge you just have to pay for it online. Usually takes just a few days for them to transfer stock from one store to another. It's actually cheaper to buy it online. I paid $28 at the store but it's $25 if you buy it online.

What other BB guns you looking at?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:19 am 

Nothing in particular. I was just going to stop in there and pick one without any research or nuttin.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:35 am 

Jeff wrote:
Nothing in particular. I was just going to stop in there and pick one without any research or nuttin.

Livin' dangerously....rules? What rules....
shortround13 has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:14 am 

Highscores: 1
Jeff, there was also nothing within 50 miles of my local walmart. I just ordered it off walmart's website and had it sent to my local store. It was $26 and change after tax. Supposed to be ready for pickup by the 20th. Honestly, its hard to beat the Red Ryder, especially for the price!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:56 am 

Highscores: 1
Sean, when would you be able to head out on Friday? I've talked to Gini and it sounds like she'd rather prolong the experience and start on Friday and skip the Toytec event. She was really torn between eating free food and getting out into the wilderness. We have so much in common! In the end we both agreed that leaving Friday seems like the way to go.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:50 am 

This guy's trail report from 6/10/17 looks promising. We might actually be able to make it to the summit and down the other side to the lake.
http://bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm

Quote:
You can travel about 1 mile past the River crossing. I made it to the treeline. Trail had snow above the river crossing where Baldwin lakes trail goes right and Antero goes left. I was able to navigate the drifts until treeline. Snow had melted all around the road, but the road have snow drifts a foot or more deep. I was by myself and the terrain had no points to winch to so I turned back. My guess is that the trail will be fully open in a week or two. A convoy of multiple modified rigs could probably expedite the process at this point (if your into that sorta thing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:01 pm 

Glen wrote:
Anyone else interested in hiking to the top of Antero?
My brother said he wanted to hike to the top. Maybe on Sunday on our way out? Especially if we make it to the top of the trail. I think that's at 13,800, might as well go the rest of the way.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:11 pm 

Highscores: 4
So based on a few texts it looks like Sean and Carissa are heading out on Friday to go to some hot springs and somehow plan on meeting up with us on Saturday.

Camping near Brown's lake is around 11,200 feet and right at tree line. Temps are looking to be on the cooler side with highs in the mid 50s and lows in the 30s. It's probably a good idea to bring some firewood since there isn't a lot of dead wood there to gather.

We could also camp near the beginning of Chinaman Gulch (8000 feet) which should be in the upper 70s during the day and mid 40s at night with lots of dead and fallen pinion firewood to burn.

I'm up for hiking to the top of Antero but if we do that we should get an early start since there's a legitimate concern for lightening (especially this time of year) and we're expected to have cloud cover on Sunday. I'm rough guessing a 2-3 hour hike to reach the summit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:55 pm 

Glen wrote:
So based on a few texts it looks like Sean and Carissa are heading out on Friday to go to some hot springs and somehow plan on meeting up with us on Saturday.
So they are planning to camp solo on Friday night even if you guys are heading up there?

Sounds like everyone is just planning on meeting up sometime randomly on Saturday. Ha! Sam and I will be heading up Saturday afternoon. Hoping to be to the trail head around 2:30-3:00 I'm guessing. If you guys are able to make it to the lake I guess we'll meet you there. If not, we'll run into you where ever you decide to stop and camp. I'll plan on bringing 3 bundles of wood.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]